NB extract kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
I was looking at allot of there ipa high gravity beers and they all say recommended 2nd stage fermentation do i half to do this?

Primevci said:
I was looking at allot of there ipa high gravity beers and they all say recommended 2nd stage fermentation do i half to do this?

No, it's completely optional. A lot of people leave their beer in primary for longer and skip secondary with great results (me included).

I don't secondary anymore (I primary for 3-6 weeks, then keg). Only if I am dryhopping, adding fruit do I secondary - which I rarely do. However, with a higher gravity beer, it will need to age more (usually), you can bulk age it (secondary) or in the bottle. I've heard of people leaving beers in primary for a long time, I've gone as long as 3 moths with no ill effects.

PS: Did you do the NB Kolsch? Mine turned out great. That I did secondary and lagered for 4 weeks @ 42ºF in my root cellar.

PS: Did you do the NB Kolsch? Mine turned out great. That I did secondary and lagered for 4 weeks @ 42ºF in my root cellar.

No a recipe my LHBS had im sure its close to everything else its day 5 of fermentation :) cant wait for my first gravity reading so i can have a little sample...

Back