NB dead ringer kit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbtmm

Reaction score
I brewed this kid and it's been in primary for about three weeks.

The instructions say 2 weeks primary and 4-6 secondary. You're supposed to dry hop a week before you bottle.

I really don't want to secondary. So my question is would it be ok to just dry hop in the primary here at 3 weeks and then bottle about 7 days later?

Dead ringer was my first kit. I did primary for 2 weeks, secondary for 2 weeks, while dry hopping for the full 2 week secondary. I conditioned in bottles for 3 weeks and it was great. I plan on doing this kit again soon in a keg. I won't change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Dead ringer was my first kit. I did primary for 2 weeks, secondary for 2 weeks, while dry hopping for the full 2 week secondary. I conditioned in bottles for 3 weeks and it was great. I plan on doing this kit again soon in a keg. I won't change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Definitely ok to just dry hop in primary. I'd up that kits dry hop though. I just dropped 4 oz into my 2 heart clone this morning. My 2 cents...

I did this Kit last week as well. Any ideas if we want to brew our own again without going through NB......., what type of grains they used......oz? The hops oz. and #'s of extract syrups are straight forwards from the instructions. But the amount of grains for a 5gal is what I'd like.

Jonathan

NB puts the recipe for all their recipes on their site. While that makes a good beer, I personally like it different. I use very little hops at 60 then start loading them up with 15 minutes left. 4 oz dry hop for 1 week. All centennial of course. I do a partial mash 6 lbs lme and few lbs 2 row, 1lb munich, 12 oz crystal 10, 8 oz caramunich and some carapils. Shoot for around 50 ibu and og 1.064. Bells yeast with good size starter. Of course this is my preference! I'll try to edit this post if I notice I entered my grains incorrectly.

Back