Naval Aviation Home Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotor_Head

Reaction score
While I am new to the Outstanding Art of Making Beer, I am certainly no stranger to drinking it. I built this bar (the room not the bar itself) in a spare bedroom in the house. I used stuff from my own collection and brought in a bunch of stuff from hither and there to create what you see. This is where my newest (and so far only) creation, Merlin Blackberry Red Ale will be thoroughly enjoyed! Here are some pictures I took today. Cheers and enjoy! Ideas and critcism is welcome!:mug:

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 2025.jpg

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 2026.jpg

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 2027.jpg

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 2028.jpg

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 2029.jpg

Photo Back up 22 Feb 15 934.jpg

I should've gotten one of those cool patches for the seabees when we went to the airshow last time. It would've been cool to frame up with my coaster collection. Pop was a seabee in the 111th.

I should've gotten one of those cool patches for the seabees when we went to the airshow last time. It would've been cool to frame up with my coaster collection. Pop was a seabee in the 111th.

Heck yeah! They have a kick A$$ logo with that patch they have. That and the Sea Bees have quite the colored history and still do some great work. They just recently did a big project at the facility I work in. Did a pretty bang up job too.

Yeah, pop always was good at building stuff. I guess it came from grandpa & the seabees. The logo was pretty cool when I saw them at the airshow at Burke. Gotta get back. My man cave/brewery needs an uplift as well. Getting some ideas here...:tank:

nice! Those kind of patches and badges always have some killer logos. Looks great in a bar setting. :mug:

Yeah, pop always was good at building stuff. I guess it came from grandpa & the seabees. The logo was pretty cool when I saw them at the airshow at Burke. Gotta get back. My man cave/brewery needs an uplift as well. Getting some ideas here...:tank:

I HIGHLY recommend the dart board. It's always a hit and doesn't require a large space for a regulation set up or a big budget:mug:. Plus you get pretty good and can kick all your friends A$$ES!

nice! Those kind of patches and badges always have some killer logos. Looks great in a bar setting. :mug:

Thanks! I really enjoy a good Friday night in there. Plus I don't have to wait for a beer or pay through the nose for!:D:drunk::mug:

Very cool. My fiance's family was good friends with a guy that worked at JPL and was involved with some of the Apollo missions. He died a number of years ago, but his wife gave her a bunch of NASA memorabilia from that time period that he had collected, including patches, documentation and some mission comm transcripts (Apollo 8 maybe?). We've been hoarding it in a box with the intent of using it in the same way once we get the basement finished and the bar built.

I wish I had some of dad's stuff from his time as a Seabee in the Philippians. Maybe a couple B&W pics? But that Apollo-era stuff would be really cool. I do have some coasters I traded for from around the world I wanna frame. That's about it.

Back