AFTER ACTIONS REPORT:
What a blast! Most of the events were way above my level of brewing, but it was an all around success. I had some super beer, and met some great, great people.
Highlights for me were:
1. Club night. Despite the room being 147 degrees and 850 people packed in there, it was so awesome to take it all in. The beer was flowing like you wouldn't believe. Awesome beer too.
2. Charlie Papazian, Sam Calagione, Randy Mosher, and John Palmer were strolling around and talking to you like you were thier best buddies. Papazian is a freak. Some of the guys we knew actually got to have lunch with Palmer. Can you imagine that? Beer wood.
3. Got my book signed by Sam Calagione. I got to go to his luncheon and hear him speak and see a really funny video about fighting ridiculous propaganda WITH ridiculous propoganda. In short, its about fighting recent claims form MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) that alcohol is the same as drug use. Its available right HERE
and is worth a view. One of Sam's best lines during his speech was when he was talking about his Chicory Stout--he was naming off ingredients and after he said it had St. John's wort in it, he proclaimed it was the "world's first ever anti-depressant, depressant." That got a huge chuckle from the crowd.
4. Best of all, it was the people that made the whole weekend super. Sam and I hooked up with some members of a different forum and "assisted" them during club night. You wanna talk about just STUPID good beer? Wow. I think the 2 or 3 best beers I had all weekend (and I had A LOT) were at that table during club night.
5. Actually one that sticks out for me that is kind of strange is on the ride up there (about 3.5-4 hours) Sam and I quoted lines from "The Big Lebowski", and it made 30 minutes seem like 30 seconds. My cheeks were hurting after that from laughing so hard!
Anyway--next year is Orlando! I'm definitely going!!!!