NASCAR Racing Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewers of all shapes and sizes...

Yesterday, I had the time of my life! My wife and four daughters gave me a NASCAR Racing Experience! My wife and I drove down to Joliet, Illinois where Chicagoland Motor Speedway is located. After watching a video and having additional instruction, I got to drive NASCAR Nationwide series car #07 for eight laps on the track. All the cars used have rev limiters so your speed is a bit under 150mph. Regardless, my twelve miles on the 1.5 mile track were amazing!

I have new-found respect and admiration for all the NASCAR drivers and the drivers of ALL race cars! When I was done with my 8 laps, I was wringing wet and exhausted. And the track was, for all intents and purposes, empty. How the drivers can go 300 or more laps at speeds faster than I went, with 42 other cars on the track is beyond my understanding. They are truly athletes!

glenn514

Glenn01.jpg

That's really cool! I would love to do something like that...like rock and roll fantasy camp, hockey fantasy camp, or NASCAR or whatever. Seeing things from behind the scenes is so interesting to me. Thanks for sharing!

My wife got the photos downloaded from her camera to the computer, so I can post a few more of my NASCAR Racing Experience. First shot, I'm getting my helmet fastened by track personnel. Second, I'm getting into my car the same way race car drivers do: through the window opening, feet first! The third shot is really me! Honest! Cruising down the front straight. Final shot is proof that I did what I said I did! And it was really awesome!

glenn514:mug:

Glenn02.jpg

Glenn03.jpg

Glenn04.jpg

Glenn05.jpg

It really does give you some insight to what a pro race driver goes through. I got to do a 5 minute drive at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We were able to get 154-156 out of our cars. It's not nervous. It a total body adrenaline pump.

image-768464341.jpg

Jeepinjeepin...that's my car! It sure does look like we both drove the same race car! And from what I understand, the rev limiter is adjustable. The people that ran your race day must have felt that a few more mph was fine on the Charlotte track. But it most definitely is an adrenaline rush!

Nobody drove the JD car that day. They had it set off to the side for photos. I was in Office Depot. And yes, the rev limiters are adjustable. If you have a few grand and a weekend to burn you can take what amounts to a driving school and as your skill increases so do the rpms up to around 180mph.

image-2689896950.jpg

image-2492517416.jpg

Looks awesome, I had it on my bucket list, but then went to Germany and took a Mercedes for a few tours (about 500 Mi total) on the Autobahn, and crossed it off my list. About a year ago a friend of mine went to Charlotte for the NASCAR experience and after he told/showed me about it, it went back on the list.

His advise was pay close attention to the video and what they tell you in school. IF you do that you can go fast.

Airplanedoc...

And ALWAYS listen to your "spotter" and do what he says! Getting onto the back stretch after coming off pit road, I couldn't understand what my spotter was saying, to I told him to slow down! He did...and I felt much better when I could understand his directions.

And I'm glad you put it BACK on your bucket list! It is definitely a rush!

Back