Napa vacation spots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Me and the Mrs. are trying to plan out a vacation in Napa for mid-August. Any good suggestions on places to stay? We're not looking to cheap out, but it can't be outrageously expensive. Let's say about $400 per night max for hotel. We'd like a location where we can easily visit a bunch of wineries, and do other fun stuff.

Any suggestions?

SWMBO and I stayed here on our way out to GABF last year. It was very nice, in the heart of wine country and they have a brewery!

Honestly, I would skip Napa altogether and go to San Luis Obispo. Better wines, cheaper hotels and more to do around the area. Me and the wife traveled from Socal to Oregon last summer and stopped in both places and were really let down by Napa.

PM me if you have any questions.
Dan

We pulled our 5th wheel to Sacramento last April. It was a great trip. The Sacramento Exhibition grounds has a big campsite right in the middle of the city for $150/week ! From there we did day trips to San Fran, Napa, etc. Its a bit of driving if you want to spend all your time in Napa, but if you just want a few days, its great. We had a blast.

I highly recommend a good GPS system.

There are a ton of great places to stay in Napa. I can't think of any one that I have heard of being better then the rest. I live about an hour south of Napa and have only done day trips up there. By the way, I agree that Santa Barbara and St Luis Abispo are better then Napa.

You could also stay in San Fran and drive out for a day or two. Don't forget the water parks and Great Adventure. Or you could go see a Oakland or SF Giants game? let me know if I can help, I will ask friends and see if any know of good places in Napa.

Back