Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

duncan.brown

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
@DBhomebrew @dirkomatic, I thought some people might get stuck on Westminster Abbey which is adjacent to, but not part of, the Palace of Westminster. Bonus points to @Northern_Brewer for letting the non-Brits take a guess.

@Newsman London Bridge is actually one of the most boring of all the Thames crossing! Here's a picture showing Tower Bridge in the background.

London_Bridge_from_Cannon_Street_Railway_Bridge.jpg

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score
Bonus points to @Northern_Brewer for letting the non-Brits take a guess.

@Newsman London Bridge is actually one of the most boring of all the Thames crossing! Here's a picture showing Tower Bridge in the background.

View attachment 747090
I do like a hammerbeam roof! The lower half of the room is kinda boring in comparison, but it does make it a flexible space for exhibitions and conferences etc.

It's a weird fact that most of the 10,000's of people crossing London Bridge don't realise, but there's squash courts under the left-hand end. I guess they must have once been part of a corporate gym for the adjacent offices, but it's now run by a chain, I used that gym sometimes when I lived a few minutes from there (but I preferred its above-ground sibling at the other end of the bridge).

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i distincctly remember the patch of burbs on the right side. valley. i'm running on 4mb internet though, so scrolling through 100 pages would take many hours....

Andres Falconer

Reaction score
I had to look it up. Apparently Jeremy was spoiled for choice, but chose poorly: a Ford GT.

Andres Falconer

Reaction score
I do like a hammerbeam roof! The lower half of the room is kinda boring in comparison, but it does make it a flexible space for exhibitions and conferences etc.

It's a weird fact that most of the 10,000's of people crossing London Bridge don't realise, but there's squash courts under the left-hand end. I guess they must have once been part of a corporate gym for the adjacent offices, but it's now run by a chain, I used that gym sometimes when I lived a few minutes from there (but I preferred its above-ground sibling at the other end of the bridge).
I used the Fitness First gym on the other side of the bridge, too. It was in the building I worked in.

Andres Falconer

Reaction score
i distincctly remember the patch of burbs on the right side. valley. i'm running on 4mb internet though, so scrolling through 100 pages would take many hours....
The way to narrow down your google search would be to look for “tallest bridge in the world” :)