Name My Son (Another Poll)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We've Narrowed it to Six...which one(s)?

• Carson

• Jesse

• William

• Austin

• Colin

• Taylor

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like Carson the best out of all those. Any of them significant? Like family or anything?

No, except that my name is William. I created a spreadsheet with the 500 top names in 2008. Independently, we each put an "x" next to possibilities. I sorted the list and matched those we agreed on. We got 25. I printed the list, we each crossed out 15. We agreed on 6...these are them.

I voted William because that was my dad's name. And, honestly, I think the rest of those names, except for Colin, scream out for a beating but that's just me.

Colin,

It doesn't have any sort of pet names attached to it.

And I think kids should get in to a few scraps in their younger years.

That and it is far better than the name the chick had picked out for our son

Taylor Austin was the name we picked out for our 1st pregnancy if Conner turned out to be a girl.

We didn't use it.

I like Caron the best too. I'd probably stay away from Taylor for a boy any more. It was fine until that no talent *** clown.

For some reason I despise the name Austin. I don't know why; it's completely irrational.

I like Caron the best too. I'd probably stay away from Taylor for a boy any more. It was fine until that no talent *** clown.

For some reason I despise the name Austin. I don't know why; it's completely irrational.

I agree...my wife likes it. It's a girl's name now in my opinion.

You are a homebrewer, right? I strongly suggest the middle name be Homebrew. That is why I picked Austin as a first name.

Forrest

You need to read freakonomics. Good section on names in there.

If I have a kid he will be called Xavier Deathbomb the Third. Second kid will be Death Becomes.

I really like those names.

Though Deathangel has a nice ring to it as well. You can mess with the spelling.

Dethänjel

My second son is due next month, my third child... this third one took longer to name than the the first two...

I like William, but its kind of hard to choose without the middle and last name to see how it sounds all together (you want it to sound good when they read the whole thing in front of thousands at his college graduation), I don't blame you if you don't want to post that out here in cyberspace though...

Name the kid William.

Carson is for sailors and ...... and jesse is the stripper with the c-section scar. :drunk:

Here is a future conversation:

"Father, how did I get my name?"

"Well son," doc spoke in a gruff voice, "there used to be this place called HBT..."

Wait until you lay eyes on the little dude. He might look like a totally different name then you'll pick out. You might pick "Jesse" and end up with a son who looks more like an "Aaron"

Cheers to you and your wife,
Michael

I voted Taylor but strike that. Now all I can think of is Taylor Swift and Taylor guitars. And people are right that its more of a girls name today...

William Robinson is a very solid name.

It will. We aren't really in the thick of it yet. The hours really start to kick in during the last week in January for us. How about you?

It's full-bore right now. I don't have it bad though since it only runs a few months. I can't complain at all.

Back