Naked City has furniture!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Received a hot tip a couple days ago from my dishwasher rep about an Italian restaurant going out of business over on Whidbey Island. Drove over yesterday and ended up with this...
furniture 001.jpg

114 chairs
31 tables
19 corny kegs
40 qt. Groen steam jacketed kettle
General Slicer commercial meat slicer
Thunderbird commercial stand mixer
Nuevo Simonelli Espresso Machine
3 compartment bar sink with 2' drainboards
Back bar insulated ice bin
all the flatware
dishware
9 cases of footed glassware, perfect for Belgians or Barleywines
2-3 cases of wine glasses

Took 12 hours to haul out and load up but, definitely worth the trip over.

Cool. Post storage location for cornies and leave the door unlocked.

This rocks, look forward to sitting down at the Naked City Bar soon and enjoying a panini sandwich with some beer.

Whoa that's a is a score to beat all scores! OK really, how much was it all? And if you say free, me and McKBrew will be sneaking away with some of those cornies.

Whoa that's a is a score to beat all scores! OK really, how much was it all? And if you say free, me and McKBrew will be sneaking away with some of those cornies.

Thanks Evito for seconding the inquiry. Everyone says it is a great score, but it isn't if it was overpriced. ;) C'mon TOpia, tell us what it cost ya :D

Alright, alright...paid $3,000 for the lot.

Pricing out these items new, we ended up with about $12,000-$15,000 worth of merchandise. I'd say that's a pretty good score. :mug:

I love looking at all of your posts. I have been looking at all the stuff I would need to do to get a small restaurant open. and seeing this thread just keeps reminding me of other costs to build in when I am thinking about it.

I've been wanting to switch over to kegging.....

Seeing that you got a commercial stand mixer, I assume you're planning on making your own breads for the paninis. Are you going to make spent-grain bread? :yum:

You got a GREAT deal! I can't wait to come down and have a pint or five with a delicious sammich!

Went to an auction out in Bellevue and picked up a cool antique wine cabinet. One side is refrigerated for white wines and the other side is for reds. I might try and see if I can adapt it for storing/displaying Belgian 750 ml bottles. Got this cabinet for $35.00

Also purchased a near new True 3 door back bar cooler for $800 and five 6ft. units of brand new Metro shelving for $100

It's amazing the deals you can get if you keep your eyes/ears open.

Here are a few pics of our latest haul

concrete 005.jpg

concrete 006.jpg

concrete 008.jpg

Wow! So, Naked City isn't so, well, naked, now. That's awesome!!!!!

Bob says we can go to Seattle for a visit in October 2009. I'll be looking forward to seeing the taproom and brewery in action!

Looks awesome! Def. be a stop on my overdue Northwest vacation.

That is awesome, i cant wait to get a chance to come up and see the shop and have some beers/food. Are you going to do any tours of your place once your up and running? Ill have to meet up with one of my buddy's in the U dist. and come on over once your open.

$35 FOR THAT HUGE WINE COOLER!

that is SWEET, that would make an awesome cigar hutch... oh my god, that is it, I'm scoping out auctions from now on.

NIOOOCE SCORE!

is it just me, but what's a dishwasher rep? is that just a fancy title for dishwasher? if so I can add that to my resume to make it sound a tad better than "dishwasher"...

$35 FOR THAT HUGE WINE COOLER!

that is SWEET, that would make an awesome cigar hutch... oh my god, that is it, I'm scoping out auctions from now on.

That rocks for sure. I wouldn't have room for something that size but if someone can get rid of something like that for $35, I should be able to find a good deal on a smaller wine cooler for beer aging.

That rocks for sure. I wouldn't have room for something that size but if someone can get rid of something like that for $35, I should be able to find a good deal on a smaller wine cooler for beer aging.

Actually maybe not. Often times those huge things go for cheap at auction precisely because they are so damn big.

Actually maybe not. Often times those huge things go for cheap at auction precisely because they are so damn big.

True. As much as I'd jump at the opportunity to buy something like that for future cellar plans, I'd have no place to put it.

Back