N. Brewer's Spiced Winter Warmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eadavis80

Reaction score
I ordered three of the N. Brewer kits a week or so ago when they had their $14.92 sale. One of the kits I got was the Winter Warmer Ale. Has anyone brewed this one before? If so, a few questions:

1. How long did you secondary it? (if you rack)
2. How much of the spice pack did you add?

I've read on N. Brewer's reviews that a lot of people said it was too spicy and some suggested only using 2/3 of so of the spice pack. I want some spice for a winter brew, but nothing overpowering. I know spice is subjective, but just wanted some feedback.

Thanks

Never made it but in terms of spicing, less is more sometimes. I'm not sure when they tell you to add it but if it is during the boil, maybe only add half the packet and then save it for when it's time to bottle. Then you can taste it and decide if you want to add more spice to it.

Be aware that the spice flavor diminishes over time too. If you drink it all up fairly soon, you may want less spice but that beer improves with age except that you lose the spice flavor.

Back