Mypin TD4 mounting tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blk94f150

Reaction score
I bought 3x of these pids used and they didn't come with mounting tabs. Does anyone know where to get them or another solution?

I bought 3x of these pids used and they didn't come with mounting tabs. Does anyone know where to get them or another solution?

um... unless you bought them used I find it hard to believe all three were missing the white plastic sliding locking tabs in all the packages in the boxes? Not to say its not possible but very unlikely. Are you sure you just didnt know what to look for? Others have asked the same question because they didnt know what the clips were for or how to install them... one person here put them all on backwards so they wouldnt lock..

here is a pic of the mounting tabs.. thay are a lot different than the rings many pids use..

th.jpg

I bought them used and got a total of one mounting tab. It was listed that way and the price was right so no big deal. Do you know where to get more or have an alternate solution?

I bought them used and got a total of one mounting tab. It was listed that way and the price was right so no big deal. Do you know where to get more or have an alternate solution?
Ok well that makes sense.
Maybe try using heavy zipties around the circumference of the back side of it to hold it in place...If you use a couple it should work well.

I would probably use a hot glue gun to put a bead all the way around the PID. That would hold at least as well as the crappy plastic tabs that come with the unit.

I have mounted 4 of these and never had an issue with the tabs myself... They hold quite well for me unless you install them backwards.

Back