MyPin TA PID Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjftr

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forums and have a scenario I would like to run past those familiar with the mypin ta series. I have a ta6 but I don't think it really matters. I have a tank that I want to keep at 180 degrees. As long as the tank is 165 or warmer, AL1 will be active. What settings and types of alarm do I need to set. I tried alarm type 2 (default) set at a value of -15. This didn't work. Alarm stays active even below 165. Any ideas? Also could someone go through the rest of the settings that would work well in this scenario. Thank you guys.

Hey guys. New to the forums and have a scenario I would like to run past those familiar with the mypin ta series. I have a ta6 but I don't think it really matters. I have a tank that I want to keep at 180 degrees. As long as the tank is 165 or warmer, AL1 will be active. What settings and types of alarm do I need to set. I tried alarm type 2 (default) set at a value of -15. This didn't work. Alarm stays active even below 165. Any ideas? Also could someone go through the rest of the settings that would work well in this scenario. Thank you guys.

The alarm has a separate setpoint from the temp setpoint... you have to use the directions sheet which explains to hit the farmost left button for 3 seconds to get into the settings menu and there you will find the AL1 and AL2 setpoints...you can get the directions from the mypin website, they are in engrish and pretty poor but still undersatandable for the alarm wiring and menu structure.
If you have the dual alarm version, they can be set to work together or to have one come on when temp is above a cetian point and one come on below.... as for the alarms I just searched "22mm alarm" on ebay.... if your pid is running on 120v get the 120v version if 220v get the 220v version. Im not even sure I understand when you want the alarm to turn on and when you want it off?

I understand the alarms are a different setting. The alarms have like 8 options for the types that they are. I have tried multiple ones. What I am trying to do is I have a tank with liquid that I want to keep at 180 degrees. The output is hooked to a heater. That part is fine. When the tank is between 165-180 degrees (or within 15 degrees) trigger the alarm (alm1). I am having trouble setting the alarm point to accomplish this.

you can only program each alarm to come on when the temp goes above or below a certian setpoint... if you have the dual alarm version (would be a ta6 SNR I believe) then you can set one alarm to come on when the temp falls below say 178 and one alarm to come on when it rises above say 182....

Yeah but couldn't one alarm say hey its above 165, activate or hey its below 165, need to go off.

in the directions they state the 0 setting would be deviation hi (i believe you would use this to have the alarm go off if the temp went as much as 1 degree above 180 and reversed for deviation low... I use settings 2 and 3 on my dual alarm version so if my rims tube drops below 148 the alarm goes off or if it rises above 156 my alarm goes off...

You can wire both alarm wires to the same actual physical alarm and it will work for both...

Yeah but couldn't one alarm say hey its above 165, activate or hey its below 165, need to go off.
that could be the deviation setting yes... so 0 is to go off below 165 and 1 would make it go off above 165... problem is you will likely have a degree or two fluctuation unless your tank is well insulated and will mixed.
is this a fish or reef tank?

EDIT** nevermind it would actually be the absolute setting 2 and 3... the deviation would make it possible to set a temp and a deviation value of say 1 or two degrees or more and have the alram go off when the temp is outside of this range either hi or low. ... at least that would be my guess without testing.

from looking at the diagram in the directions it looks like setting #4 "section outside" the alarm will do what you want with one alarm.

Back