My wife rules!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMet

Reaction score
My wife surprised me today with my own fridge. Apparently she was tired of having no room in the fridge for actual food.

LOL... good for you, buddy! My wife drinks my beer and gives nothing in return! Well, maybe something once and a while... heh

There aren't many beers my wife likes. Fine by me, I don't want to share anyway. :D

Amazing. Most women would have purchased a new fridge for the kitchen and given you the old one.

Your wife and mine have a lot in common. Almost all of my brewing gear my wife has purchased for me. She encourages me to continue to brew beer ("you haven't brewed in a while, why don't you order some ingredients and start a new batch"), encouraged me to purchase MORE kegs, and DEMANDED that I go get a 20 lb bag of ice to try out the new Jockey Box that a friend helped me build.

Did I mention she doesn't even drink beer, and has never tried any of my beer?

I'm thinking it's about time to figure out how to make cider and surprise her with a keg full of it...

Amazing. Most women would have purchased a new fridge for the kitchen and given you the old one.

Nah, we have a new fridge. She got me a crappy CL one. Otherwise, yes, that would be the case. It does work BTW, I moved the stash once it got cold and filled it halfway. Right now I'm working as hard as I can to deplete it to buy/brew more.

Your wife and mine have a lot in common. Almost all of my brewing gear my wife has purchased for me. She encourages me to continue to brew beer ("you haven't brewed in a while, why don't you order some ingredients and start a new batch"), encouraged me to purchase MORE kegs, and DEMANDED that I go get a 20 lb bag of ice to try out the new Jockey Box that a friend helped me build.

Did I mention she doesn't even drink beer, and has never tried any of my beer?

I'm thinking it's about time to figure out how to make cider and surprise her with a keg full of it...

Ya my wife is like that too. She'll try my beer but always says it tastes like crap after a sip. I don't feel bad since she says that about probably 95% I've fed her, I'd say 4% she'll say say are tolerable, the 1% being Naragansett (sp?) and Widmer Hefe. She is nice in that sense though, I have to give it to her, she'll try anything I put in front of her even if its a style she hates.

I have 3 hobbies: Cave diving, skydiving, and brewing. She loves that I brew since of them its the least likely to kill me.

Back