My wife loves my new hobby (not for the beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leightonp

Reaction score
Last night my wife and I were watching tv and she asked if I was going to brew Saturday. I said I can if she doesn't have something planned. Her response was "I am really behind on my tv shows and need to binge watch shows you hate on the big screen". I'm off to the LHBS tomorrow. I hope she stays behind on tv shows.

Last night my wife and I were watching tv and she asked if I was going to brew Saturday. I said I can if she doesn't have something planned. Her response was "I am really behind on my tv shows and need to binge watch shows you hate on the big screen". I'm off to the LHBS tomorrow. I hope she stays behind on tv shows.

Yeah, I could brew a lot more if my wife and I didn't have kids ;)

Yeah... wondering if the OP has kids? Mine is 2 now, which means she's only trying to die about 4 times a day, so she's been helping out more with the brew day.

Until she's distracted by a snowflake, or a paper bag, or apple juice, or the dog, or her swing, or fiiiiiirrrre, or her chair, or something on the counter, or candy, or her "phone", or a rock, or the spent grains, or the wind, or a fart, or the neighbor asking me what I'm doing for the 15th time, or a bird, or her imaginary friend, or my imaginary friends, etc.

My wife likes my brewing a lot more since I've moved it outside. And leave her kitchen alone unless I'm cooking food then it's ok to come inside.......

My wife went from binge watching tv to spending hours photoediting and blogging on Tumblr about her favorite show. So either way if the kid is not making me run around I can do some hobby stuff.

After work I replaced the return line on her car's power steering, then I took it to get it washed and picked up a few groceries for this weekend and now I'm drinking homebrew and making cheese.

But I can't hate on Downton Abby because Elizabeth McGovern is in it, and I had a serious crush on her when I was a kid. (I still don't wan to watch it, but at least I don't put it down...)

I brew sundays when wife bowling. And she like my brewing and drinking more sine switched to kegs, less bottles around

Back