My water report.?.? Need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got a fair amount of minerals, but you'd be able to make some darn good dark beers. Porters and stouts would be right up your alley. For lighter color beers, you're going to need either RO water, or distilled.
The PH is pretty high, though. I think you'd probably need some acid additions to bring it down.

Uh, that water doesn't seem that bad.. 80 ppm alkalinity? NBD.

You will want to add some calcium to all-grain brews.

wolfman_48442 said:
You got a fair amount of minerals, but you'd be able to make some darn good dark beers. Porters and stouts would be right up your alley. For lighter color beers, you're going to need either RO water, or distilled.
The PH is pretty high, though. I think you'd probably need some acid additions to bring it down.

Reading that I of remember in how to brew it said higher ph is good for darker beers. I'm just not a stout, Guinness type of beer drinker, I'm all over amber ale. To be honest I need to give them a better try at least.

Back