My two tap tower project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I am going to add a 2nd tap to my tower, but I didn't just want to drill another hole or add a tower extension. So I came up with an idea. I picked up a couple of cigar boxes at the flea market for $5 ea. I'm not sure which one I'll be using yet but I will be mounting it to the tower and installing two shanks on the front. Here is a picture of my single tower and the the cigar boxes. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391973921.160875.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1391973935.777880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Update - I used the smaller box for my temp control unit. I wasn't happy with the plastic box I had in it. I think this is 100% better. I will start working on the box to mount on the tower soon. I got my new shanks over the weekend and I'm just figuring out the layout and how I am going to mount the box to the tower. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392760253.593707.jpg

Mocked up the box on the tower. I like it so far. Still have to pick up some nice wood to replace the plywood. I will be staining everything to match the new tap handles as soon as I get them. And the trim piece leaning against the plywood with the logo on it will be mounted to the front of the wood that encloses the tower. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392769777.758726.jpg

That's a really cool idea. Can't wait to see how this turns out

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Huge open grain pattern on those handles, pretty cool in this application, is that some sort of American Oak?

Yes the handles are Oak. My new handles will be oak with a cherry stain.

More progress. I still have to insulate and install the trim, but it's getting closer. If I had better tools it would look a lot better.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393179797.051239.jpg

Wanted to add that my total investment is $60 including two new shanks.

Worked in it a little more during the rain delay of the Daytona 500. Only a little more trim and some stain and it's done. Both taps are ready to go, but only the left one is hooked up to a keg. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393194948.716565.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393194973.504228.jpg

Looks great. You've definitely inspired me to build a three tap tower out of wood. I was gonna go the PVC route, but I'm gonna go with wood after seeing this. Kudos

Glad I could help. I had fun putting it together, but I just wish I had better tools or knew someone with better tools.

Sent from my iPad mini using Home Brew

Back