My sweet deal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distributistdad

Reaction score
Here's a list of what I picked up off Craigslist today:

Barley Crusher Malt mill
20 lb CO2 tank (full)
7 cases 12 oz amber bottles (cleaned, ready to go)
Bayou classic propane burner
40 ft. 1/2 immersion wort chiller
2 extract kits (Pale ale & Oktoberfest)
5 gallon water cooler, converted to MLT with looped braid filter
2 5 gallon glass carboys
1 6 gallon glass carboy
1 5 gallon better bottle
1 6.5 gallon fermenation bucket
1 6.5 gallon bottling bucket with autosiphon and racking cane and hose
electric aquarium pump
box of homebrewing books
30" wooden paddle
3/4 jug of starsan concentrate
capper, caps, fining agents, a few ball valves, spoons, hydrometer, thermometers, etc.

all for $250. The guy didn't want to sell everything individually, so he cut me a killer deal. I'm going to keep about half the stuff, sell about half the stuff and come out way ahead.

And now, I'm ready to switch to all-grain :ban:

So the first two items pretty much covered the whole purchase!? That's a killer deal.

And since I don't keg and don't plan to, I'm going to get rid of the CO2 tank, I don't want a 6 gallon carboy, so that's gone. I already have a propane burner (though I may just wait to get rid of my turkey fryer setup until I have a keggle put together). Don't need the chiller or the aquarium pump, probably sell the books (who needs those with HBT?) and since I want to do a 10 gallon setup, I think I'll sell the 5 gallon water cooler and keep the braid for a 10 gallon igloo.

It's like Christmas. In April (and here, it even feels like it might be Christmas today).

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back