My son, the protege

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highgravitybacon

Reaction score
So tonight I'm at work. My wife and kids are at home preparing the Santa cookie snack tray. My son is 4. My wife asks him what Santa should have as a snack. Actual quotes:

Son: "Santa would like cookies. And a snowman peep."
Wife: "What should Santa have to drink?"
Son: "Hmm..Santa would like one of daddy's delicious homemade beers."

Yeah, that's my boy.

Santa was the last one awake at my house today. He was also the last one awake last night hitting the sauce.

Interesting to get the young ones involved in a responsible way. My son, at 22 months, really likes the smell of hops. When I'm brewing, I bring over the hops as I weigh them out and let him smell them and he smiles and likes it.

He recognizes beer as well, pointing at my glass when I have a beer and saying "beer".

I had him smell a 2 week old RIS the other day. Put it under his nose and he promptly declared "poop". Hahaha! I busted up laughing at that one. (no sulphur smell or anything, just a strong young beer smell).

My 3 year old regularly opens the ferm chamber, smells the airlock and proclaims "smells delicious!" Apparently, he has seen me do that a few times.

Back