My Sierra Nevada Beer Camp video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
So Sierra Nevada is running a competition to go to Beer Camp, and I made a video. The cut that was sent to them had to be 2:00, but I like this one. It is 5:30, but I think it is much more fun.

[youtube]XpycE-yge2k&vq[/youtube]

super cool! good luck guys!

and lucas, i look forward to another local brewery.

i will definately be visiting you regularly when you open your doors.

We can orchestrate an HBT takeover of Sierra. :)

Keeping fingers crossed for the HBT community!

I do have to say we have two of the best videos. Although there are likely more to come, seeing how mine hasn't even hit their site yet. I guess we'll see!

I do have to say we have two of the best videos. Although there are likely more to come, seeing how mine hasn't even hit their site yet. I guess we'll see!

My entry is number 188, and I uploaded late last night. What was your entry number?

Just trying to get an idea of how many people we're competing against?

Cheers!

My entry is number 188, and I uploaded late last night. What was your entry number?

Just trying to get an idea of how many people we're competing against?

Cheers!

Oh geez. I didn't realize there were so many. Where did you see your number? I didn't get one or I missed it on the upload.

I guess you have to wait for your email that says you got accepted. Took about 12 hours for my link to come in. You have to look at the entry ID in the URL.

You guys have some great videos! Good luck on the competition. Be sure to bring a camera when you win, so you can share pics with the rest of us!

Camera and a video camera. Im going to be one of those annoying tourist types that films it all!

"This one time at beer camp..." Hey I have film proof of that!

Looks like theres more videos up today!

In the 200's now!

Camera and a video camera. Im going to be one of those annoying tourist types that films it all!

"This one time at beer camp..." Hey I have film proof of that!

Looks like theres more videos up today!

In the 200's now!

Remember though, that they're doing it by submission. And there's a lot that are not being approved and a LOT that are just text entries.

And I'll have my phone with me, too, which is what I shot my video with. So I'll be getting video and pictures as well. Because, you know, I'm going.

So everyone that gets put up get's to go? Or does the public vote on it or??

*edit* found it. SN will choose 20 people from all the entries.

So everyone that gets put up get's to go? Or does the public vote on it or??

Heres how I understand it... Maybe someone knows more details.

The ones that are put up on the site, are up for the running to go. (Im not sure if there are 10 or 20, or some other number of spots for beer camp)

I believe that SN is the one who ultimately chooses who goes. Even though you can "like" a video, I dont think that has any impact on whether you go or not.

I sure would like to know how they pick the "winners?" Do they have a specific requirement, or is it a simple case of a bunch of SN employees sitting around and debating who they want around for two days, since I did read that they estimate the value of each spot at beer camp to be around $10K.

Who knows, but Derek and I will tell you all, everything when we get back!

:)

Lucas

Heres how I understand it... Maybe someone knows more details.

The ones that are put up on the site, are up for the running to go. (Im not sure if there are 10 or 20, or some other number of spots for beer camp)

I believe that SN is the one who ultimately chooses who goes. Even though you can "like" a video, I dont think that has any impact on whether you go or not.

I sure would like to know how they pick the "winners?" Do they have a specific requirement, or is it a simple case of a bunch of SN employees sitting around and debating who they want around for two days, since I did read that they estimate the value of each spot at beer camp to be around $10K.

Who knows, but Derek and I will tell you all, everything when we get back!

:)

Lucas

I've read the rules about 100 times. 20 people will go. 10 from CA, 10 from everywhere else. There are two sessions. 9/1-9/2 and 9/2-9/3. They are accepting submissions of pictures, essays and video and they placed a heavy emphasis on suggesting that video submissions were preferred, and ones that mentioned Sierra Nevada were obviously given some preference. The videos are SUPPOSED to be 2 minutes or less, although lots of people obviously missed that.

Sierra Nevada's team will be deciding on who wins. The like button probably makes no difference, but it is there, and my friends all over the states have been watching and liking. :)

Winners will be notified by August 1. Contest closes on Friday.

So the question remains. I did a ton of reworking the video to make it exactly 2 minutes long. Do all those people that threw together 5 plus minutes jobs, get dumped? I hate to think this way, but the less competition there is the better our chances are.

I have a feeling that we're going to find out pretty quick who wins and who doesnt. I too have reread the rules hundreds of times, and think that they're deciding on the fly who they want to go! Im thinking we may start hearing from them by this weekend!

Fingers crossed!

So the question remains. I did a ton of reworking the video to make it exactly 2 minutes long. Do all those people that threw together 5 plus minutes jobs, get dumped? I hate to think this way, but the less competition there is the better our chances are.

I have a feeling that we're going to find out pretty quick who wins and who doesnt. I too have reread the rules hundreds of times, and think that they're deciding on the fly who they want to go! Im thinking we may start hearing from them by this weekend!

Fingers crossed!

yeah, my first cut was 5:23. I had to really work to get it to 2:00, but I think it plays well.

Oh, and I kind of want them to wait until the 1st of August to tell people. That's my birthday, and that would be an awesome present. :)

So has anyone notices that the order that the entries appear in changes. One day some videos are next to each other and others they have others popping up in between them, only to move around.

Might this have something to do with someone on the back end organizing them in order of preference? Or am I totally reading into things here, as part of my wishful thinking?

Cheers

You are in New Mexico and therefore not my competition, so I hope you finish it in time! :)

I believe it will happen. The script is written. The clips are shot. All that is left is piecing it together and recording the voice-over, although I have never used Imovie before.

I am also nervous about getting it reduced to the right size.

I'm a brewer, not a movie maker!

I believe it will happen. The script is written. The clips are shot. All that is left is piecing it together and recording the voice-over, although I have never used Imovie before.

I am also nervous about getting it reduced to the right size.

I'm a brewer, not a movie maker!

Took us 4 hours to edit down both versions on Sunday using the new iMovie. And that included some issues we had importing the video from my iPhone. It really is a drag and drop kind of program. You will be fine.

And olllllo, I love that song. One of my favorites ever.

Id vote for the chick from Los Altos! She flat out says she doesnt make beer but her husband does, its a cool idea to submit.

And Im hoping Derek wins as well! And me, of course!

Wow. You're more professional, I suppose. :) My video was shot in 3 days at different places. Edited in 4 hours for both versions.

IF I remember correctly, we filmed about a terabyte of stuff in HD and then edited it all down to 2 minutes. All together it was about 12 hours of filming, and 40 hours of editing.

Cheers

Back