My RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumer0

Reaction score
You know guys, I dont mean to spam you with just another set up but I am pretty proud of this. I have never welded before and I learned just for this project. It was done with a arc welder on a 15 amp circuit, so the breaker popped a lot which required a lot more work than necessary. It only took a year for me to weld. Time is difficult to come by and welding when it is 100 degrees is no fun so why do it....

I took this pic 2 weeks ago, and have since added burners, started the LP tubing, and just ordered the valves for my keg conversion kits. Ill post more pictures as I go.

While this is nothing special, if anybody wants a detailed design just let me know.

I am hoping to brew in the next few weeks on it. I only have one pump right now, so I am going to use gravity for the sparge and then lift the keg back up to the burner prior to the boil.

mail.google.com.jpg

Your stand looks great! How about draining into a bucket instead of the keggle. I transferred by that method for a long time.

Hey, it's not the absolute nicest out there but that's still something to be proud of, looks great! I wish I had a garage and money to pick up a welder. That's awesome and I bet you had a lot of fun (and frustration) learning. Now do some other kickass stuff with your welder too :)

Or batch sparge, you can do that with only 1 pump.
...not a bad idea. I might just end up dishing out the money for a second pump, but it is equally likely that I will just want to brew on it and save $130 on another pump.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Almost done....

After this I just need to figure out how to attach the March pump, the valves/lines for the propane, and heat shields. If anybody has any advice on these tasks, Id love to hear it.

....you can also see my conical fermenter in the fridge which I have yet to use.

IMAG0224.jpg

Latest posts

Back