My regulator is leaking out the little hole...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Mojo Rising

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here. A week or two ago I turned the screw all the way out while my regulator was still hooked up to positive pressure. I didn't realize that this may cause a problem. My regulator now leaks out the little hole on it constantly. It is a cornelius regulator. I opened it up and the diaphram was "loose" on one side.

1 - Can this be fixed?
2 - How can I fix it?
3 - Is there a manual to do so because I am truly a knuckle head?

I do make good beer though....gotta look on the bright side. I just can't dispense it!!!

Yup, had same problem, Bobby gave me the same advice. Problem solved. It helps to make sure all that stuff is nice and clean too.

I had a similar problem with my taprte primary reg as well as my cornelius secondary. A little keg lube (or other silicone grease) fixed the secondary but the primary needed a new diaphragm. Cost for a rebuild kit was $10 but I paid a 40% premium for being in Canada. Check the mfr's website for a manual or assembly diagram.

Latest posts

Back