My pumkin ale brew 3 weeks in...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkUncle

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had this fermenting in the fridge at 65 degrees for 3 weeks now. My original plan was to get it into a secondary,throw some cinnammon sticks in and let sit another 2 weeks before bottling. Then the thought occured to me why not just pop the lid a bit on the primary, drop a few cinnammon sticks in and let sit for 1 more week in the primary then bottle.

My only concern I suppose is the extra crud on the bottom from the canned pumkin. But I guess the only downside would be a few less bottles of beer with this batch because of the extra thick layer that is likely on the bottom of the primary.

What do you guys think would be my best bet?

Thanks

**My bad. Should have posted this in the beginner brewing forum. Sorry about that.**

My personal thought is to rack it off to a secondary to get it off the yeast cake / trub / canned pumpkin.

Add your cinnamon or anything else you want to add.

Benefit would be to help clarify a little bit more if nothing else.

If you dont really want to secondary, Add the cinnamon sticks and drop the temp in your ferm chamber. This will also help to clarify.

Either method will work.
Just my .02 cents.

Back