My Oatmeal Stout Recipe (All Grain)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary G

Reaction score
My recipe and partial boil/dilution calculations.
0E1F259A-5C57-42CD-8230-9EC05BBEE9DC.jpeg

This is pretty much unreadable. If you are looking for feedback, you would to well to type the recipe into a post so that people can read it easily. If you are not looking for feedback, what is the purpose of this post?

Brew on :mug:

here is what I am going to brew tomorrow

7.5 gallon batch for 5 gallon into keg
OG Should come to 1.055
FG Should come around 1.012

7lb marris otter
4lb pale ale
2lb flaked oats { may toast 1 pound in oven at 325}
1lb roasted barley
5oz carafa special 1
4oz chocolate { hoping the carafa and chocolate may give a raisin cookie flavor}

1oz centennial 60 mins
1oz centennial at 30 mins

yeast Safale 05

I'd drink it.
Looks like you're after an oatmeal cookie-ish flavor? I've attempted that a few times, as well. Special B gives off a nice raisin-y flavor as well. Have you done the toasted oats before? I've been tempted to try it, but never have. Heard folks have had good luck toasting oats and MO for a nutty flavor as well.

I'd drink it.
Looks like you're after an oatmeal cookie-ish flavor? I've attempted that a few times, as well. Special B gives off a nice raisin-y flavor as well. Have you done the toasted oats before? I've been tempted to try it, but never have. Heard folks have had good luck toasting oats and MO for a nutty flavor as well.

Not done the toasted oats but had it suggested to me in a Facebook group. And yes, trying to get that cookie ish flavor.

We have a brewery near us that does a great job of the raisin flavor. Dont think i have any special b on hand

Back