My new toys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truajb

Reaction score
So I took some cash from my tax return, and finally bought myself a grain mill. I've always had my eye on the JSP maltmill. I ordered the "BareBones" model straight of his website. Adjustable on both ends, but didn't come with a "deck" or hopper. Not to worry. TWO dollars in wood, I had fun making this!

10z47x0.jpg

$138.00 For the Double Adjustable model & crank Shipped + $2 Dollars in Wood. =)
I can't wait to brew this Weekend and 'crank it out'.

I also found this at my local goodwill for $5.00.

5u1o5u.jpg

29av1bt.jpg

Just added a Phalse bottom, and some plumbing I had laying around. Now I have a 10 gallon mash tun, and a 5 gallon..... Me Happy.

(SORRY, Didn't realize pics were so huge)

I usually do 5-10 gallon batches. I just made the hopper HUGE to fit the 10 lbs. + of grain in at once. Every other mill I used before wouldn't hold much grain, so I had to fill it, crank, fill and crank, etc. That got old.

sweet! What kinds of mills have you used and what made you choose this model?

I usually do 5-10 gallon batches. I just made the hopper HUGE to fit the 10 lbs. + of grain in at once. Every other mill I used before wouldn't hold much grain, so I had to fill it, crank, fill and crank, etc. That got old.

HAHAHA!!! That's funny. The filling part is the part I don't mind so much. ;) Grats on your new toys! May they aid in the creation of many gallons of sweet ambrosia!

Back