My new neighbor!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter_craig

Reaction score
The couple buying the house next to mine is a ---drum roll please!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> A Master Brewer at Anheuser Busch!

Tell him you take any hops that fall on the floor. Maybe you score like BM did. I think it was BM at least.

dexter_craig said:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

That's funny...He'll probably be happy you brew beer, he can finally drink good beer..

I'm imagining the confused look on his face when you're brewing in the driveway, toss in a hop addition, and the aroma wafts over into his yard...

"What the hell is that smell? :confused:"

homebrewer_99 said:
Ann, how's your bush?? :drunk:

It's fine, and how's your tits? :D

dexter_craig, you should ask him to score you some kegs! What could possibly go wrong? :fro:

He said that he can get me some of the AB test beers that are hard to come buy. Haven't asked about kegs or hops but good thinking. Funny thing is he doesn't drink alot. So He Says! His kid is in the same class as my kids at school so I will see him abit.
For all the negative about Bud--- I like it as well as Bud Select. It made old Gussy filthy rich!
Bud Light---Nasty. Might as well drink water.
I guess after drinking a few thousand gallons of the stuff in the day I have a more mature taste now. But still keep a case or two of the Bud in the fridge though!

While I was working with a brewer for a pub in Germany, he told me one bit of info that still sticks today. There are 2 types of brewers, the ones that always drink and the ones that dont drink.
His explanation;
The ones that always drink just love the tast of the beer and love to drink no matter what.
The ones that dont drink are the ones that just plain get tired of the taste from tasting wort all day, so they dont drink any more than they have to to brew the beer.

Sherpa FE said:
While I was working with a brewer for a pub in Germany, he told me one bit of info that still sticks today. There are 2 types of brewers, the ones that always drink and the ones that dont drink.
His explanation;
The ones that always drink just love the tast of the beer and love to drink no matter what.
The ones that dont drink are the ones that just plain get tired of the taste from tasting wort all day, so they dont drink any more than they have to to brew the beer.

So, which one is the better brewer?;)

That's like the saying, "never trust a skinny chef"

You wonder why BMC tastes like crap, 'cause the brewer doesn't bother to drink it.

jdoiv said:

:D my dad has been working in a kitchen his whole life and only recently put on a gut. most chefs NEVER sit down to eat while at work

on that note, is it just me or does anthony bourdain always look emaciated?:drunk:

jdoiv said:

You wonder why BMC tastes like crap, 'cause the brewer doesn't bother to drink it.

Some of the brewery's best assets is the Brewmaster. These guys don't smoke! Know why, they need sense of smell and taste. Most beers are blended from a variety of tanks to get a consistent beer all the time. Watch a few shows about brewing and big brews. The brewmaster is the guy that is always trying beer. They even go as far as to make a tea from the hops, to be sure it gives the right taste.

BMC's taste like crap, cause after you get into brewing your own, you enjoy the flavor, the head, the texture.

Craft brewers, for the record, often admire the ability of AB to produce consistent beers, and Jamil said on his podcast that the American Lite Lager is among the hardest beers to brew because there's nothing to hide behind. I'm guessing the guy knows some things.
My uncle taught me to brew- he worked in R&D for Miller for about 15 years, as a microbiologist. He sure does make good beer now.

GloHoppa said:
:D my dad has been working in a kitchen his whole life and only recently put on a gut. most chefs NEVER sit down to eat while at work

on that note, is it just me or does anthony bourdain always look emaciated?:drunk:

Great chefs taste their food and adjust accordingly. I agree they might not sit down to eat while working, but they're constantly tasting, hence the skinny chef reference.

A cook, on the other hand, might not even taste a thing at work or bother to sit down and eat anything they've not even taste tested.

:mug:

Silviakitty said:
Anthony Bourdain is incredibly thin. But I love him with all my soul.

Read 'Kitchen Confidential' and 'A Cook's Tour' if you haven't already.

(sorry about the :off:! :))

Kitchen Confidential is on my to read list for my winter break actually

Once upon a time, many years ago, I worked at Busch Gardens in Tampa, back when the brewery was still there and active (torn down now to make room for more coasters - a fair trade imho). The hops aroma was strong in the vicinity of the brewery, and I would take the brewery tour occasionally just to marvel at how beer was made. Nowadays I can't stand most of their swill, but happily drank it down back then. :)

A great read is Ambitious Brew by Maureen Ogle. It is a history of beer in America, and explains why lager supplanted ale as the people's favorite brew.

I've met the head brewmaster at AB. He may brew a style of beer that most of us don't like, but I can assure you he is just as passionate about it. Probably even more so than most.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

HaHaHaHa Master Brewer at AB, isn't that a contradiction of terms? .... have to clean my screen now there is coffee all over it

Back