My new & improved beer shelf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
This is what I came up with after my flimsy metal beer shelf collapsed. I like to keep my beers up off the floor because it's warmer by a few deg and on the floor they only get to about 61F.

How's this look? Better?

new_shelf.jpg

Nice. Should work fine. The only thing that concerns me is the one on the left; are the legs going to splay out? The one on the right, they're hooked into the bottom shelf so that shouldn't go anywhere, the one on the right, it's hard to tell whether they'll stay in place or not. At the very least, I'd keep the lighter stuff on that one.

Definately an improvement!

Is that a door on the left? If someone opens that door hard will they smash the door knob into a carboy? 'cause that would suck.

It looks like southern Quebec/ upstate NY is an active earthquake zone. You might want to consider some seismic dampeners, or at least some straps.

:D

Beerthoven said:
Is that a door on the left? If someone opens that door hard will they smash the door knob into a carboy? 'cause that would suck.

It looks like southern Quebec/ upstate NY is an active earthquake zone. You might want to consider some seismic dampeners, or at least some straps.

:D

It's a closet door that's barely used. We had a nice 5.something earthquake a few years ago that scared the $%#@ outta me!

the_bird said:
Nice. Should work fine. The only thing that concerns me is the one on the left; are the legs going to splay out? The one on the right, they're hooked into the bottom shelf so that shouldn't go anywhere, the one on the right, it's hard to tell whether they'll stay in place or not. At the very least, I'd keep the lighter stuff on that one.

Definately an improvement!

I found another shelf pannel that I can add to the bottom of the left shelf.

Back