My new daughter...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damonic

Reaction score
Sweet little Morgan came peacefully into this world on 8/22 at 7lbs 5oz. Both baby and my wife are doing well and we are already head over heels in love with this kid. This is our first child and also the first grandchild on both sides so the extended families are going nuts over the fact we've made them all grandparents, aunts, and uncles! I know every parent says their kid is the cutest thing ever but damn, she's beautiful. Just wanted to share the good news with you guys.

I figure I'll give her a few years and then I'll have a little brew buddy! :mug:

M_1_web.jpg

M_2_web.jpg

Congratulations!! And, no, it ain't just 'cos you are her dad, she really is that beautiful!

PS. Why did you put her in a tin bath full of loft insulation? :)

Aw... thanks guys!

That's actually a shag blanket in a metal tub, at first I thought it looked a little weird but it was the best shot of her smiling. Does it look too weird to use for our announcements?

Aw... thanks guys!

That's actually a shag blanket in a metal tub, at first I thought it looked a little weird but it was the best shot of her smiling. Does it look too weird to use for our announcements?

Not weird, just a little puzzling maybe. ;) I'm sure you can photoshop around the important part if it worries you. If not, that is too beautiful a picture to waste anyway, so just go with it!

SWMBO cutey...

M_mic_web.jpg

And my first meconium...

I believe my exact words were... "WOAH! I don't think I'm qualified for this!"

M_mec_web.jpg

C section? She has such a well shaped head!

Nope, she came the old fashioned way. We were also suprised at how normal her head looked. We were expecting the standard cone head baby. I guess I forgot a couple things. Mprgan was actually 2 weeks early. My wife went in for a checkup and her blood pressure was through the roof. She was also having contractions (which she didn't realize) so they admitted her immediately. If she didn't go into full labor that night they would induce the following morning which is what ended up happening. Officially it was 5 hours of labor and only 45 minutes of actual pushing. Not bad for a first-timer... she really was a champ. ;)

Congrats!

She really is beautiful, and I don't normally think newborns are. In a couple of years though, you may be wishing you had a full time nanny as opposed to another one (my little girl is 3)!

Absolutely beautiful kid. And newish borns are normally pretty...welll...ummm....lets just say not anywhere that cute or happy.

Back