My new Chugger Pump has arrived!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcr150

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a few goodies in the mail today. Among them is my new Chugger Pump. I was ordering some parts for a planed build and I decided to give Mike at Chugger Pump's a call and see if he got in some new stock. He told me I was lucky they just came in and they are doing quality testing as we spoke. He said to watch eBay, he would be posting one soon. I got lucky and was able to snag it. Mike said I got the first one of the new batch. I hooked it up and did some test runs, it works great. Can not wait to try it out on a brew session. Will post some more thoughts and pictures then.

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

What did you pay if you don't mind? I won a stainless head chugger off ebay about a month ago and was looking to have a matching set.

Thanks

150... jeez i am glad i got two of the green ones w/stainless heads back when they were 99 a pop. I have not had any problems with the prototypes at all.

Frankly, I don't see $20 as being enough of a discount to go with a knock off March 809 since the original manufacturer has been around long enough to establish a good reputation. Yes, the stainless head for the same price was enough of a benefit to take a chance on a newcomer.

Frankly, I don't see $20 as being enough of a discount to go with a knock off March 809 since the original manufacturer has been around long enough to establish a good reputation. Yes, the stainless head for the same price was enough of a benefit to take a chance on a newcomer.

I thought $99.00 with free shipping was a significant savings compared to the prices I have seen on the March 809 pumps configured similarly. Looking at post from people who bought the prototype pumps it looked like it is a good pump and that the manufacture stands behind there product. Personally I thought it was worth the risk.

Back