My New Brew Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my new brew rig.... I haven't made anything with it yet but that will be coming soon. I am getting geeked about it....

DSCN0183.JPG

Very nice! A classic brewing-tree! I have one very similar. You might want to consider putting some wheels on there to aid portability, and maybe devise a way to secure the tank to the frame.

There are wheels on the left side of the rig they are cut in and welded into the frame.... I can tip it and move it very easily..... or just pick up on the middle tier and steer it where I need it to go.

A couple things left to do on the HLT and BK and I will be ready to rock.... Have a couple screw in thermometers and sight tubes to put in.... hope to have those in a day or two.....I have an oberon clone just itching to be made......

Damn I wish I could add wheels to mine, but the free steel I used is so heavy, I think I need truck tires. Hmm... A brew rig you can drive.... <wheels are turning>

Nice rig btw. You build it yourself?

Heavy, schmeavy. My wheels came from my kids' old Radio Flyer wagon. They'll hold just about anything.:rockin:

stand.jpg

nice looking rig man. i've got the exact same components as you, just nothing to put them on! have fun with it.

I found the plans and told my buddy what I wanted and he did the cutting and welding....I painted it and ran the propane hoses and did all the plumbing for the keggles.... I will be adding a thermometer to each keggle as well as a sight glass this weekend to each.... then we will be stylin'

The wheels I put on it were from Harbor Freight I think I paid $3.50 each for them and they will hold 300 lbs each.... they are pretty heavy duty for the money....

For securing the kegs to the frame we welded chain links on the main post and I am going to get some chain to hook around the keg...just for a little extra insurance...something about 12 gallons of boiling/near boiling water over my head makes me leary.....I am not worried about the frame.... it held my 240lb butt with out a problem....

Thanks for the comments and encouragement!

Back