My name is Sam and I have a problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am obsessed.

And when I say that, . . .

This week I will be sending in 3 beers for my first competition. I suppose I will get a good idea if I'm being overly critical or if there truly are off flavors in my beer when my score sheets come back.

. . . Sometimes I scare myself with the amount of thinking I do about beer.

Not to go off topic, but when's the competition, what style/beer did you enter, and when do we get the report? :mug:

Agreed. I was almost tempted to remind the offender of Adolf Hitler's Catholicism*, but that would have been in bad taste. It always amuses me when someone of a religious persuasion assumes a position of a higher moral position (which is false, and inarguable). But I suppose that's what you get when you have a belief system based upon the superstitions of illiterate goat herders.

*http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

LOL! I responded to that guy last week at some point and he's still at it. Seriously, THIS IS A BEER FORUM, that's why it is called Homebrewtalk.com.

LOL! I responded to that guy last week at some point and he's still at it. Seriously, THIS IS A BEER FORUM, that's why it is called Homebrewtalk.com.

Religious fascists are often mildly amusing--their transparent unreasonableness, penchant for circular arguments, unfounded delusional moral high ground, and willful and deliberate ignorance in spite of overwhelming and irrefutable evidence to the contrary of what they attest without any evidence whatsoever--so perhaps this is an appropriate forum. We can crack one open and enjoy the free entertainment :D

I think a lot of us go through that phase.

I know I did.

I had been brewing for 12 years at the time.

Then it occurred to me 2 years later that I hadn't been thinking about God for quite some time.

And, it was all because of brewing.

I am happy that I have found a more healthy balance.

Human labours are meant to be an artistic expression exhibiting the imprint of the Work of God.

Homebrewing properly oriented serves Man and Man properly serves the holy Mass.

lol what

No offence taken. I understand rejection comes with the territory of actually expressing an personal opinion. Let me first express that I do not have time for artificialities.

Regarding the original post: I understand the gentleman is not likely truly obsessed. Many of us have spent countless hours considering our brew and our brewing process. And, that is a good thing to give your entire being into created something. Men in particular have a creative drive and men in particular want to create the best things we can; so that, we can share them with other people who also make great things worth living for. Life is worth is living. If it is a human life issue. And, brewing is done by humans than it is not OFF TOPIC.

Some of us brew for our own reasons. I have brewed for many reasons and it has evolved into a work of art as I put every last ounce of my personhood into making the best beer I possibly can. With that I am not satisfied with only the best, I am driven to make it even better not for the sake of the beer but for the sake of sharing my everything with all people regardless of their class, race, language, orientation, or what have you.

If a single brewer is told that he cannot share with other brewers how he or she finds a human expression in brewing and the noble lessons that can be drawn from it then why bother brewing at all; that is, unless one only brews to become intoxicated. It seems to me that is not the primary purpose of homebrewers.

I like beer. And, I like beer because it is natural and I am a Catholic. And, I am a Catholic because I love life. I also like to give away quite a large portion of what is brewed here at our brewery. I will not apologize for my zeal, nor for having fought in two wars, and will not apologize for voting in every election, and I will not apologize in volunteering my time to build houses and chop firewood for the poor folks, and I won't apologize for holding the door for old folks, or even apologize for helping old ladies cross busy streets. Lastly, I will never cease preaching of Jesus Christ having become the Bread of Life; Eucharistic.

When you come back and tell me that you gave food to a dying AIDS patient or that you took the time to stop and hear what a poor dying woman, whose feet are rotting off her body, has to say it is then you can tell me to stop preaching.

Did I mention I think beer is delicious? And, that I like the Mystic Monk Coffee roasted by our Carmelite Monks?

when you post like this, all i can read is,

"i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person."

when you post like this, all i can read is,

"i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person. i am a crazy person."

nice addition to the thread. Are you obsessed with brewing or not? That's the topic.

When you come back and tell me that you gave food to a dying AIDS patient or that you took the time to stop and hear what a poor dying woman, whose feet are rotting off her body, has to say it is then you can tell me to stop preaching.

Only fundies think fundies have a monopoly on altruism. Pretty much all of us have stories like these, regardless of our beliefs (or lack thereof). You hardly need to be superstitious to treat those around you with kindness.

So stop preaching.

Back