My LHBS RAWKS....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro

Reaction score
So, I settled in that I'm gonna use Gambrinus 4L ESB malt as a base for my next few beers and decided that I should just buy a 25K bag of the stuff.

I figured I would do 2 SMaSH's using 12.5 Lbs each for my Haus ale. Then use the rest as base malt for a couple of darker ales, and maybe a Porter for the last batch.

I was concerned about going in there and saying I want to buy 55 Lbs of malt, weighed into 5 portions, milled, and packaged it to go. They made me do it all myself... Which is the way I want to do it in the first place!

But it was still $41.25 for 55Lbs.... Add in the pack of Wyeast Activator 1056 and I paid $47.20 for enough stuff to make 25 gallons.

25gal.jpg

Being that you are from Auburn...
I recently picked up a small bulk purchase from Larry's. They cut me an extra 10% off since I just wanted two 55 lbs sacks of Gambrinus ESB malt and 7 5lbs bags of specialty malts. I didn't get it milled though.
Their grain prices are the best I have seen locally.

Back