My Label Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
Keep in mind, we were drunk when we came up with the beer name.

angelsnatch.jpg

devilsnatch.jpg

The images are from an Awesome artist on DeviantArt, named http://dawndarkharp.deviantart.com/

I don't know her, but I am in the process of asking her for permission to use the images. I hope she says yes, because I think they are fantastic drawngs and they suit my beer name so well.

Yessir, I'd like some of that tasty looking Snatch in my mouth!

:cross:

The Devil Snatch looks like it would be a little darker, which suit me just fine. I like dark Snatch!

:cross: :drunk: :p

homebrewer_99 said:
I think the labels look fine except for the tatoos. ;)

You're right. The tatoos are wrong...

The Angel should have a heart and the Devil should have a broken heart!

:cross:

Looks cool.

I think you should shorten it all up, though. It does sound good, but imagine trying to yell all of that out over the noise of a loud party or bar room.

I would drop "The" from the brand name and just call it Jesters. Also, unless you have a few different cream ale recipes and want to differentiate them by name, I would consider dropping "Caramel-Vanilla", keeping it basic and to the point.

Jesters Cream Ale. The beer's reputation will carry the rest of it.

I would also consider changing the font size of the brand name or beer style just a little more so that the actual brand name is clearly dominant.

JESTERS
Cream Ale

..or something like that. If at some later point you do have multiple cream ale recipies, you can just call this one the original. Jesters Original Cream Ale.

Just my 2 cents, of course. :mug:

Brew Alchemy said:
Looks cool.

I think you should shorten it all up, though. It does sound good, but imagine trying to yell all of that out over the noise of a loud party or bar room.

I would drop "The" from the brand name and just call it Jesters. Also, unless you have a few different cream ale recipes and want to differentiate them by name, I would consider dropping "Caramel-Vanilla", keeping it basic and to the point.

Jesters Cream Ale. The beer's reputation will carry the rest of it.

I would also consider changing the font size of the brand name or beer style just a little more so that the actual brand name is clearly dominant.

JESTERS
Cream Ale

..or something like that. If at some later point you do have multiple cream ale recipies, you can just call this one the original. Jesters Original Cream Ale.

Just my 2 cents, of course. :mug:

Great Ideas....I am changing it now!!!

I'm betting there was nothing easy about making those labels. I use Adobe Photoshop, but GIMP is a open source free version that is pretty good. Learn to use one of those. You can find tutorials online, but it will take much practice. I dont draw any of my own stuff, I just manipulate images that I find online.

One question. Is it Jesters or Jester's?

If the title is meant to be possessive, i.e., the cream ale is owned by Jester, then it would be Jester's cream ale, unless Jesters is the guy's name in which case it would be Jesters' cream ale, but I doubt the latter is the case.

If Jesters is the simply the name of the company or whatever that is brewing the beer, and they just want to name the style of beer that it is without implying possession, then Jesters cream ale could be correct, but again I doubt this to be the case. I would put an apostrophe in there.

BTW - That is one wicked label with the glowing eyes. If I saw it in a store, I'd buy that that beer just for the label alone. great job!

My only question is what the heck is up with 341ml? 11.530581692584901 oz would look much cooler on the bottle. :rockin:

Sorry it is the geek in me coming out. :D

It would be hilarious to put 11.530581692584901 oz on the bottle, but I want people to drink the beer not stare endlessly at the bottle trying to figure out what an "oz" is...lol

I had an apostrophe in there but the apostrophe for that font looked stupid so I just omitted it and since I am not an english professor it isn't a big deal and I doubt anyone drinking this stuff would even notice. :)

Also it is my second batch of beer ever, if when I get my Microbrewery in 20 years and decide to stick with that name, I will throw the apostrophe in there and send you all bottles... :mug:

The original Jester design was designed by me in CorelDRAW 11, but I have since permanently switch operating systems to Xubuntu Linux so I redrew it in an open source called Inkscape, which is a toned down CorelDRAW/Adobe Illustrator clone.

Thanks for the comments guys, if anyone needs help with a logo give me an idea I can draw simple Vector Art, just nothing elaborate.

Back