Quantcast

My Keezer Build!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Schlomo

Reaction score
Well guys, i've been brewing for some time now, and figured i'd take a break to do a major upgrade to my Keezer.

For the longest time i've just used a collar for my keezer, and it worked fine.. but its time for an UPGRADE!

this project has been a month in the making, but it is finally finished! Enjoy the pictures!

Needed to decide on a 2 or 3 panel front..

I used a KraigJig to make the panels.. made it very easy to assemble!

Panels together!

Getting ready to stain.

One coat on, its amazing how quickly this thing took shape.

Built and added the tower.

Everything Stained.

Who doesnt love Lights!

Tile placed and backsplash applied.

And finally.......

All Finished!!!!!

I really enjoyed this project, learned a ton and now I have the satisfaction of saying that I created this keezer from scratch, by myself.

Also, with how nice it turned out, SWMBO will not let me keep it in the garage! She actually said it has to be in the apartment or i will ruin it with saw dust and what not.. Ha!

Cheers everyone! :tank:

NathPowe

Reaction score
Wow man. Really nice work on this. You should be proud. Enjoy it.

Cheers.

FiddlersGreen87

Reaction score
Very nice build. Looks great. I like the method of detaching the freezer lid entirely. Did you mount it to the inside of the wood or is it secured in some other fashion?

OP
Schlomo

Schlomo

Reaction score
Very nice build. Looks great. I like the method of detaching the freezer lid entirely. Did you mount it to the inside of the wood or is it secured in some other fashion?
I used heavy duty construction adhesive and a few sheet metal screws from the top of the lid. Since it's not load bearing, it will work fine.

I'm using the old hinges for the lid though, which may need to be replaced at some point. For now, if i'm gentle they work fine, and I added a length of chain on the inside so that the lid doesnt break off the back of the hinges.

Seems to be working so far!

BrooklynTom

Reaction score
Very nice. Makes me want to start mine now, but I have to hold out till January.
Enjoy.:mug:

OP
Schlomo

Schlomo

Reaction score
Shameless bump because i'm proud of what I accomplished :D

Latest posts