My Irish Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recordsmith

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been asking a lot of questions as of late and i thought that I would show you the friuts of your help! I am not sure if this is in the right place so i apologize in advanced!

Well Here it is!

Irish_red.jpg

This was taken right before it was primed for bottling. It is a little darker then I expected, but that was probably the Crystal 60L I used. The recipe did not specify what grain color and that is what the guy at the homebrew store suggested.

OG 1.046
FG 1.010

I used all of your advice from not boiling the grain with the extract to using a yeast starter. The taste is good so far, the heavy flavor is gone. I can't wait to see what is tastes like when its done maturing!
:tank:
Thanks Jon

Chairman Cheyco said:
Well, since you are thanking everyone here, that means you have to send us all a 22oz sampler, forum rules!

:D

Yessir, forum rules. First 5 people to reply to your "thank you" thread, is eligible for a free 22 oz. PM me for my home address. :fro:

Looking good man, looks yummy

Back