My Inventory... suggestions for the weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlelord

Reaction score
here's what i got... anybody have any ideas what i can brew this weekend? ales only please!

+/- 30 lbs Pilsner Malt
5lb 12.5 oz Light Crystal
1lb 9.6 oz Caramunich
13.8 oz White Wheat Malt
14.3 oz Biscuit
10.7 oz Dark Munich
15 oz Melanoidin
7.5 oz Rye Malt
8.7 oz Honey Crystal

1oz Cascade 5.4%
.55oz Columbus 14.5%
.80 Hallertau 6%
.55 Styrian Golding 2.6%

Well, you could do quite a bit. you are most limited by your hops. Are you planing a trip to the LHBS to get yeast? With out knowing what yeast you have I don't know what you can brew but here are some sugestions:

Saison- Pils & wheat or rye or both - maybe some munich for color
hop with Hallertau and S. goldings

APA or Rye pale ale- use pils base and any combo of crystal(including honey malt), caramunich, rye. Ase the American hops but I would think you would need more.

Maybe a Kolsh with the Pils ??

I vote on the saison

With the Munich and Pils you could make a Helles, or by using a yeast like Wyeast 3068 you can use the same grains and make a Dampfbier, heck, I might do a 10 gallon batch and split it, one a lager the other with the hefe yeast.

Saison is also a good idea, as is the Kölsch.

thanks for the ideas! i've been doing saisons all summer long and i'm looking for another style to try. Dampfbier sounds great... simple and easy. sounds like a great choice for summer brewing.

thanks for the ideas! i've been doing saisons all summer long and i'm looking for another style to try. Dampfbier sounds great... simple and easy. sounds like a great choice for summer brewing.

I really like it, it is easy to keep control of temps, I usually do a Hefe, wash the cake and use it to do a dampfbier and a roggenbier, I find this makes good use of the yeast without ending up with a ton of hefeweizen sitting around.

Back