My Ingredients, What Beer Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brieuxster

Reaction score
Let's make some beer! I have English Ale Yeast and Irish Ale Yeast, and I enjoy everything from a stout, ESB, IPA, and light beer. What can we make with this stuff? I am going to fire up the kettle! ( Right after I pour a home brew, it is noon in Atlantic Canada :mug: )

Hops - Pellet:
  • Sterling 6%
  • Polish Lublin T - 90 3.5%
  • Willamette 4.8%
  • Columbus 14.5%
  • Cascade

Malt:

• Canadian 2 Row Light Malt 50 lbs.
    Canadian 2 Row Light Malt ( Toasted at 350 F for 15 min. ) 1.5 lbs
    Crystal 150 2 lbs
    CaraFoam 2.2 lbs
    CaraHell 2.2 lbs

Equipment:

• 5 US Gallon Cooler, Converted
    Stock Pot 12.5 Imperial Gallon -60 QT 57 litre
    Stock Pot ( 30 - 35 litre )
    Immersion Wort Cooler with Mini Pump
    Grain Mill

Looks Like an "Old Ale" Styled Beer with Irish Ale Yeast, what hops shall I use?

% LB OZ MALT OR FERMENTABLE PPG °L

83% 10 0 American Two-row Pale 37 1

8% 1 0 American Two-row Toasted 31 20

6% 0 12 Crystal 150L 33 150

2% 0 4 Carafoam 33 2

I'd use the Sterling and/or Willamette with that. Probably nothing after the 20 minute mark, either. So, mostly bittering.

You've also got the makings of a good bitter or red/amber ale. Both are quick brewing and excellent for a cool spring afternoon.

2 row with a little of that crystal 120 (maybe 5 percent). Bitter with those Columbus, flavor and aroma hop with those cascades, and pitch your Irish ale yeast. SG around 1.055. Nail that puppy with about 45 IBUs and enjoy a nice hoppy ale.

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Back