My homebrew kicks my a$$.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirscp

Reaction score
The nice thing about home brewing:

It's fun.
You create your own beer from scratch.
Gives you a kick in the a$$.

It is amazing how bud light, miller lite, MGD, etc, seem to taste like bottle water after drinking some home brew.

It's been quite some time since I've drank any commercial beers, months. I was drinking like a fish ... took a long time to feel the affects. After 16oz of homebrew, you start to feel it.

:mug: Heres to HOME BREWING! :tank:

Thanks to my co-worker whom does his own wine, my uncle whom has been home brewing for years, and a friend (after a conversation about making beer with him I decided to start myself).

Bottoms up to all you home brewers! :drunk:

I'm like immune to homebrew or something. I'll have a friend over and offer them a second variety of beer after they finish their first. They almost always turn me down saying that they've mixed my beers before. I drink 2-3 different styles anytime I drink and never feel wasted at all, maybe because I only drink 2-3.

I agree about home brew spoiling you from BMC. I have tried to drink them a few time since I started brewing and have yet to ever finish one. If we eat out at a place around here where that is all they serve, and there are a lot of places, I just drink an iced tea.

On the other hand. Since I have started home brewing I buy a whole lot more commercial beer to try all of the different styles and vast brands of the same style to find that perfect to my palliate beer. While that is great, it used to cost me a dollar a pop for a BMC and now I pay $4.99 plus a pop (pint) for a beer.

I actually smell my commercial pints before trying them now in order to see if I could deconstruct them. I have also found that beer that I used to think was tits is now mediocre and sometimes just plain garbage. I don't think that I am a snob, but I am amazed at the crap that is out there. Food is the same way, once you learn how to cook well, going to the diner just doesn't seem like a good idea any more.

I actually smell my commercial pints before trying them now in order to see if I could deconstruct them. I have also found that beer that I used to think was tits is now mediocre and sometimes just plain garbage. I don't think that I am a snob, but I am amazed at the crap that is out there. Food is the same way, once you learn how to cook well, going to the diner just doesn't seem like a good idea any more.

Amen to that brother :mug: I will say though that a few of the Diners around where I live make better food than some of the "fine dining" establishments around here. I am blessed with great food here in South Louisiana though. There are numerous greasy spoon diners with better food than Emril's or John Besh's world famous local establishments. Not saying those places are crap, they are fantastic. Just some locals that have better flavors in their dishes.

I know what you mean. I am the same with my beer that I am with pizza, after the first time I went to New York and tried a real pie I have never been able to enjoy pizza hut and dominoes. The same with BBQ after I started making BBQ I can't go to the chains anymore because they are just not as good.

I seems like i get more drunk off my homebrew than off commercial micros even at similar abv's.

I seems like i get more drunk off my homebrew than off commercial micros even at similar abv's.

I find that yeast tends to help with the getting drunkness. Tinnies no longer get me drunk but if I'm finishing off a barrel, it tends to finish me off first!

Iv'e made nothing butt imperials(even my blondes and hefes) for a while now.I always worn people before drinking them" thats like having 3 buds".You'd be surprised at how many people have been sleeping on my couch latley.:tank:

Iv'e made nothing butt imperials(even my blondes and hefes) for a while now.I always worn people before drinking them" thats like having 3 buds".You'd be surprised at how many people have been sleeping on my couch latley.:tank:

I'm trying my first Imperial next month, it's from Extreme Brewing, I'm super excited!

Regarding homebrew toxicity I have to agree with you guys. I KNOW it isn't just me because I accidentally got drunk off a 6 pack of my 5.6% wheat beer that I made from a kit before I knew anything about home brewing at all. My friends have also commented on the "effectiveness" of that particular batch of homebrew. My most recent brew was a total flop (both taste and ABV) and I only use it for cooking/baking.

If I were a psy/bio major I'd write my honour's thesis on this very interesting topic :D

Back