My Homebrew Club Died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunerunner

Reaction score
Because I quit being the entertainment committee!

I got tired of being the only one who contributed to the monthly news letter, the only one who hosted a brew day, the only one who organized and planned a club meeting and after 3 1/2 years I quit.

As a result, the club died!!

There are three brewers who have a genuine interest in brewing who still come around on brew day, but the others have reverted back to what ever they did before I started the club. :tank:

This is one reason why I have not tried to start a club. I don't want to do all the work, and I think most people would be "casual" club members, if you know what I mean.

Maybe when the kids are out of the house.

To bad, maybe in the future someone else will step up and help tow the line.

I wish I lived closer to a club, currently I have one 1 hour away and timing isn't working at this point for me to attend.

Dean

Who needs a club? Just get together with your three buddies and brew. I do belong to a local club, but quite frankly, I don't get together with any of those people away from meetings, and if it folded, I would just continue on with my brewing....

I agree with the guys above me. You don't NEED a club for anything, enjoy your hobby with the friends who brew more often. I have a ton of clubs to choose from, and I've come to enjoy my laid back, relaxed "club" more than anything else I've seen. We're more of a group of brewing friends than anything else.

If we were closer, I would be down.

My buddy and I are thinking of hosting a Homebrew 'competition 4 fun' this next summer.
he has some land outside crabtree that would be perfect for parking/event.

perhaps doing a 2day event with a barbecue ribs competition too. (harder to start I would assume)

Bones and Brew 2012 :)
First year of an annual event.

Latest posts

Back