My grain mill is here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannypittman

Reaction score
Caught a deal on a Corona type mill on ebay. It just arrived. Opened it up, put it together and then took it apart and put it back in the box so the wife can wrap it.
Now, do I order my last batch of crushed grain or wait a couple of days to make my next batches?

I conned my mother-in-law into a barley crusher for xmas...fortunately, I did not have to wait, though I cannot wait until I walk out of the LHBS with a 50# sack :rockin:!!!

Had to share...good luck with your mill!

PS-She likes the beers I make...sweet.

Congrats.

My Barley Crusher came this week also. I bought a 50 lb sack of 2 row the next day. :p

I save .50 a pound buying like that, so it won't take too long to pay for the mill.

This thing will pay for itself with the first purchase. 50 lbs at $1.50 uncrushed vs $2.25 crushed.
My wife is also a coffee nut. Guess I will be grinding coffee beans too.

A grain mill is my next purchase. I just forked out $118 yesterday and $270 a few hours ago. The SWMBO said thats it for a month or 2. That works for me though.

I too picked up a corona mill off ebay not too long ago. It was from Discount Tommy I believe. Just used it for the first time today. Ended up with 73% efficiency. Not too shabby for the first time.

For all you guys w/ the new grinders, spray em down w/ windex, followed by a hot water rinse, then dry well. Easily gets rid of all the nasty oils from the manufacturer.

Back