My Frigidaire Keezer - Birdseye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I googled it and I found linkedin stuff, an artist, a 10 year old boy, etc. Any more detailed information?

Did you wire your controller into the original thermostat or did you by pass it and remove it. Thats what I did, I was having problems wiring into the original one so i said screw it and removed it.

So how did you attach the handles to the top of the lid? Did you remove everything that is under the lid and then reattach it some how after you placed the handles?

How did you attach the L brackets for the drip tray, maybe i missed where you posted that?

The first time I read this i missed that you were serving soda as well, if you wouldn't mind can you explain how you keg the soda and dispence it? I hear a lot that your soda line needs to be like 25 feet or so?

I must have missed your questions, but you probably got answers by now. The top stainless rails were simply drilled through the lid to fasten with 2" SS bolts. I attached my drip tray with 3M outdoor tape. My soda line is 25' and it seems to work well for 30 psi. I wired my controller like Quaffer has posted in his thread.

Looks awesome! Would you mind telling me where you purchased the SS trim bars and also the lengths? (I am awaiting delivery of my freezer so I can't take any measurements).

Also does anyone know if this freezer will fit a 1/2 size keg?

Thanks.

Looks awesome! Would you mind telling me where you purchased the SS trim bars and also the lengths? (I am awaiting delivery of my freezer so I can't take any measurements).

Thanks.

I would need to measure them again. I forgot the company that manufactures them, but if you go to Lowes, they have them as a customer order item. I saw the name of the manufacturer at Lowes and then looked them up on the intranet and placed my order on-line.

Thanks.

Source for SS trim bars: www.usknobs.com

Item# Product Item price Quantity Total
LK89007 Laurey 89007, Stainless Steel T-Bar Pull - 384mm - 17" Overall $9.30 2 $18.60
LK89009 Laurey 89009, Stainless Steel T-Bar Pull - 672mm - 28 3/4" Overall $14.34 1 $14.34

Source for SS trim bars: www.usknobs.com

Item# Product Item price Quantity Total
LK89007 Laurey 89007, Stainless Steel T-Bar Pull - 384mm - 17" Overall $9.30 2 $18.60
LK89009 Laurey 89009, Stainless Steel T-Bar Pull - 672mm - 28 3/4" Overall $14.34 1 $14.34

Awesome! Thanks man this was very helpful. I just received my new 7.2 frigidaire... only thing is that its white. I was going to paint it but I'm finding it hard to get myself to paint a new appliance even though black looks so much better.

I know this is well over a year old, but I have to compliment you on your choice of Birdseye Maple. I love the contrast between the Maple and the black. I have a wooden boat that has a tiger stripe maple dash surrounded by the darker mahogany and that's the look I'm going for with my upcoming coffin keezer build for my basement.

What is your psi rating on your high pressure hose? I am interested in saving room in my keezer build by having the regulator down line from the co2 tank, but want to make sure the hose is at a high enough psi rating to accommodate the full pressure of the co2 tank. Also did the hose you bought come with those fittings or did you buy them elsewhere. Thanks!

Whoa whoa whoa... you can't just throw up a pic and not give us more info! :) All kidding aside, those look awesome. So do you have a new handle for each brew you make? Or is the name interchangeable? They looks very cool, would like to know how you made em.

Sweet! Thx for the link. I may have to get me some of these. The more I read this site the more money I spend. heh

How'd you mount the drip tray? Mine was siliconed and fell off after a day. I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere else in the thread. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!

The L brackets are mounted with 3m heavy duty mounting tape. Then I used Velcro to hold the tray onto the brackets. It doesn't budge.

Back