My Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft Chest Freezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more updates. First of all the tape solution above did not work. Instead I was fortunate enough to have 5 old hard drives laying around I could take apart. I took the magnets out of each one and screwed them to the back of the mounting L-bracket. These things are strong! It easily holds up the wood frame and drip tray.

The 2nd modification I made was to create a chalkboard above the taps. I wanted something angled. I was fortunate that my dad had some spare wood lying around so he created a wood frame that matches the collar. The piece of wood in the center was sanded smooth and then I put 2 coats of primer on.

After the primer I did some light sanding and applied 3 coats of chalkboard paint, waiting 24 hours in between each coat. It's complete, but I need to touch up the sides a bit where the tape pulled away some of the paint. I'm going to use a smaller brush to touch up those areas, so you can't see the white primer beneath.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Of all the keezer setups I've seen, this seems to be the perfect balance between looking/functioning great while not having too many bells and whistles.

I'll be kicking my keezer build off this weekend.

That looks great! Showed the wife, I will definitely use this for inspiration when I build mine. Love the chalkboard.

Back