I did my fourth batch, my first partail mash, and first yeast starter. I brewed an American Red Ale. I used WLP051 it has a different smell(not bad) just a different smell to me, the starter had a krusen on it the next morning and I pitched about 36hours after I made the stater. I had 3 lbs of American 2 row and 2 lbs of different grains. I brought 6.5 quarts of strike water to 165 degrees, I added the grains and it did not come down to 153 after 5 minutes I started added water and ice which finally brought the temp down. all the grains were in a grain bag, after an hour I moved the grains to my boil pot with 3 gals of water at 165 let set for 10 minutes and poured water over the grains after removing the grains I added 5lbs of LME and wort, took a starting gravity and it was a couple points higher than beersmith said it would be. I assume that is better efficiency. The brewing after that went very smoothly. Cooled the wort and pitched my starter. within about 4 or 5 hours I had activity. I am looking forward to setting up all grain brewing.