My first label, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrogantDusty

Reaction score
As I said, this is my first label. I'll be making two more for the other two of my first three beers. I will be bottling all three batches within the next month and a half. :ban:

oops

Biff Co Winter Warmer.jpg

I like it a lot

Makes me think of walking into a saloon in the old west.

You thought about making the outatime logo monochrome in a really light beige instead so it blends in better?

Im just learning photoshop. haha. I do want to do something better with the logo, making it blend into each different label. I just dont know how to do it unless I re-create it each time, haha. Ill look up monochrome and see what I can do! thanks!

I don't like it.
The beer name font is hard to read. The spacing between the f and c made me wonder if it said "Biffco" or "Biff co".
The description font doesn't fit the theme of the label. The label has a 1960's country and western feel, but the "winter warmer" looks like a heavy metal album title.
The blue "Outatime" on the all earth tone label is jarring. Also the way it sits, it seems to cut off the left and bottom portion of a full outline.

It is a professional looking label though. It would not look out of place amongst commercial craft beers on a store shelf.

These are just my personal opinions, and worth less than two cents.

I don't like it.
The beer name font is hard to read. The spacing between the f and c made me wonder if it said "Biffco" or "Biff co".
The description font doesn't fit the theme of the label. The label has a 1960's country and western feel, but the "winter warmer" looks like a heavy metal album title.
The blue "Outatime" on the all earth tone label is jarring. Also the way it sits, it seems to cut off the left and bottom portion of a full outline.

It is a professional looking label though. It would not look out of place amongst commercial craft beers on a store shelf.

These are just my personal opinions, and worth less than two cents.

No worries. i like getting feedback because the only thing I get from my friend is it looks good and they stop there. ha. The "Biff Co" font isn't my choosing. It is the exact image from back to the future two when they go into the changed present when biff is rich and running everything. I'll fix the logo when I figure it out.

Besides that I will probably keep the rest the same and just work for better labels in the future! :)

I give feed back the way I like to recieve it.
I hate when someone tries something I brewed and says "That's really good". Unless you think it's perfect (and I know you don't!) , tell me what you do and don't like. I may disregard your opinion, but I'm asking for your opinion, so please give it to me!

Here is the one and only label I've done. And it's for a beer I haven't brewed yet. It's not nearly as good as yours :)

Edit: it's an oval label, the black is negative space.

NZWPA.png

Back