My First Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just built my first Keezer, and I'm extremely happy with how it came out! I just wanted to share the photos and say a gigantic thanks to everyone on HomeBrewTalk that posted pictures and information on how they did theirs. Especially the wiring diagrams! It took me a few weeks to get my head wrapped around those, but I finally figured it out (as you'll see by the pictures).

Thanks again to all the people on this amazing site full of endless information!

DSC00041.JPG

The Original Freezer

DSC00043.JPG

Adding Casters

DSC00046.JPG

The Guts

DSC00054.JPG

The Collar

DSC00056.JPG

The Collar Again w/Pre-Drilled Holes

DSC00061.JPG

Insulation Installed

DSC00146.JPG

Lid on, Controller in

DSC00158.JPG

Up & Running 1

DSC00159.JPG

Up & Running 2

DSC00162.JPG

The Wiring

DSC00167.JPG

All Hail the Keezer

Pretty sleek brew-sarcophagus! Nice job.

I have a few questions. How many kegs can it hold max? Are you able to keep it dry enough inside?

And most importantly, now that you've had this baby up and running for a while, is there anything you would do differently if you were building it again?

Thanks a lot! I'm really happy with how it came out.

Ha! "Brew Sarcophagus"... Nice!

It will hold 6 kegs (probably 7 if I didn't have to have the CO2 tank and fan in there). Four on tap (hoping for five one day when I add nitrous and a stout tap), and two cold conditioning.

It stays completely dry. I didn't include a picture of it, but I keep two of those small white dehumidifiers in it, that most people use. Those things are fantastic!

I honestly have to say that I wouldn't change a thing if I was building the same style of keezer. Again, thanks to this site, I was able to do a ton of research before the build and do it right the first time.

Yeah, I like the flashing too. It was supposed to be for function, but turned out to have great form! I wanted the collar to fit flush with the freezer, and I also wanted to have a decent amount of insulation on it. But to get it insulated and flush meant using thinner wood, and I was afraid that the lid wouldn't seal, or would seal poorly. So I picked up a roll of aluminum at the hardware store, cut it down, then nailed/taped it on. It ended up working almost perfectly. I have to keep that light on top of it, or the lid has small gaps, and the hinges are not adjustable. But the light goes well with the keezer, so it all worked out!

Back