My first home brew..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano083

Reaction score
Hi people I'm going make my first home brew and was wondering what u guys reacon I should brew??? I have looked over home brew forums but can't decide what to make any advice would be great thanks ( I do like a good bitter).

I say go with a bitter. Keep it simple, and have fun. Us-04 is a good dry yeast for a bitter. Mangrove jacks burton union is even better if its available to you.

Thanks for your response, I am just looking how to make bitter( as I said I have NEVER made a home brew) I'm looking online for a home brew shop that delivers as the closest home brew shop to me is 10 miles away. I will keep you updated as to what I find

10 miles doesn't strike me as all that far to go get some supplies. The best part about building a relationship with the people at your LHBS (local homebrew store) is that you can get some great advice specific to your problems. Not that the folks here at HBT aren't awesome and helpful, sometimes it's just nice to have a face to face conversation about what you're trying to do.

The guy I go to offers me samples almost every time I go in and we can talk about how he got different flavors in his beers. I've learned a lot from him about yeast, specifically.

If you're a first timer, a lot of people will buy a kit that comes with all the ingredients that you need to brew a beer. You can look at Northern Brewer or stop at the LHBS and check out what kind of kits they have there. They'll probably be able to give you some tips/tricks to help it turn out better.

Brewing is an awesome hobby. Welcome to the obsession!

Thanks thematttrain it's not the travelling I was on about its I just wanted have a bit of a idea what I would be going in the shop for,,I have been looking and I think I'm going go for a home brew kit for the first couple of brews and see what happends,,but thanks for your advice I will go the shop and see what advice he can give me aswell..

Back