My first Home Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autoferret

Reaction score
Well guys i did it. Made it bottled it. Try'd it last night! Ice cold and it rocked!!! Just so u guys know it was some IPA. Now i'm going to brew up some Wheat Ale tonight so by the time i finish my IPA this should be ready to drink!!!

Grats on your first brew. Good idea on starting your next brew. It's painful having gaps in production :D

LupusUmbrus said:
Grats on your first brew. Good idea on starting your next brew. It's painful having gaps in production :D

BREW FAST! AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

I waited too long between when I finished my first and starting my second, and ended up having to ration myself until my next batch was drinkable. Now I have almost 2 cases conditioned, 5Gal ready to bottle this weekend, and just brewed another batch Monday night. I will be brewing another batch next Monday when I get my primary back.

I will never ration again.

Finished some Wheat ale tonight just waiting on it to cool.

Do you guys just use the plastic bucket for your first fermintation and then go to a glass carbor after the enitial blow off??

Just want to get a set up so keep my beer brewing so i never run out.

autoferret said:
Do you guys just use the plastic bucket for your first fermintation and then go to a glass carbor after the enitial blow off??
Go to secondary after fermentation is done...usually a week or so.

I'm fairly new to this as well. I started in a plastic bucket and didn't go secondary my first batch. It was really good. I went plastic bucket primary-glass carboy secondary for my second and it was really, really good. Now I only use carboys and my beer is excellent to unbelievable (barring a few minor problems with bottling... Still haven't resolved that thing).

You'll soon be drinking the some of the best beer you've ever had in your life, and you can be proud that you made it. And you'll know exactly what's in it, which will make you sound like an expert when you open a store bought micro-brew and say "I think there's some roasted barley in here, and is that...fuggles?" It's an awesome hobby. Good luck bro.

Back