My first extract beer - Step by step guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewjapan

Reaction score
Hey,

I've just finished making my first beer which didn't involve a "kit" tin. It's a variation of TheJadedDog's All Amarillo IPA which has received good reviews in the Recipe section of this site, but changed because I can't get the Amarillo hops in Japan.

I've written up the whole process step by step with lots of pics and I'd appreciate your comments on (1) anything I did wrong, (2) how I could improve what I did in future, and (3) any comments which would make this easier to follow for beginners.

All Centennial IPA - Step by Step: How to make an extract beer « Homebrew Japan

Big thanks go the TheJadedDog for answering my many newbie PMs and giving me his wisdom. The smell coming from the airlock today is phenomenal.

I enjoyed reading through your process and couldn't find anything to improve upon. It should be pretty easy for beginners to follow.

I have pitched and than realized I needed hydro sample a few times too :D.

This is a well done photo journal of the extract brewing process. Very nice.

Two things, I recommend a beer (home brew, commercial, doesn't matter) when brewing and on a serious note, a whisk is great for mixing in DME. :mug:

Back