My first Bochet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

Reaction score
Started my first Bochet this morning. Used some leftover mesquite honey and wildflower honey about #3.5 total. Smells like carmel corn now.
0211180913.jpg
0211180912.jpg

Sounds sweet... literally sweet, hope you're not diabetic. lol

Did you add any nutrients to help out?

Sounds sweet... literally sweet, hope you're not diabetic. lol

Did you add any nutrients to help out?
I did when I pitched the yeast like always. ;) I also add nutrient for the first three days every 24 hrs until I have a good fermentation going. Although I'm new to mead, I've been brewing beer for years and this is SOP for strong beers like an Imperial Stout. In fact, my Imperial Stout had a ABV a little over 12% and took four months to age. The OG was a little higher than I anticipated at 1.150 but I'm interested in seeing how it still comes out. I'm thinking it'll be sweet but the alcohol tolerance for the yeast is around 14%. I'll let you know in six months when it's ready for testing.

Sounds very interesting, I'll be on the lookout for the results and progress in action.

Bochets for days, can't wait to hear your progress and success. I haven't tried the nutrient every 24 hours but have had great success, without odors or off flavors, while following the first/second/third sugar breaks. Just going for a traditional bochet first go around?

Back