My First Batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
Day 2 in secondary:

3276134277_8323e36b59_m.jpg

Day 5
3287382505_8329050e1d.jpg

Looking delicious. :)
bit dark for irish red, but can't wait to give it a taste...

Looks good!
Get it away from that natural sunlight or it will go skunk, especially in a better bottle.

REALLY... ???

uh oh... i'll have to work on that this afternoon.. thanks for the tip.. :)

Hopefully I wont aggitate it too much..

REALLY... ???

uh oh... i'll have to work on that this afternoon.. thanks for the tip.. :)

Hopefully I wont aggitate it too much..

No problem.
Usually I keep mine in my walk in closet. Its my 6'x6' piece of the house that doesnt have any of my wifes crap in it. :D Closets are perfect for one there dark, two some have vents in them, so their temp controlled. :rockin:

Just as a precaution put the better bottle in a plastic milk crate. It makes it easier to carry around. If you pick up a full better bottle without some sort of support you can risk sucking in the water from the air lock and contaminate your brew.

Just as a precaution put the better bottle in a plastic milk crate. It makes it easier to carry around. If you pick up a full better bottle without some sort of support you can risk sucking in the water from the air lock and contaminate your brew.

thats one reason why using Vodka in the airlock or simply removing it when moving around the better bottle is a good idea.

I like to hear and watch the glub glub on new batches. I put them in the corner of my living room behind my computer covered with a towel until primary fermentation has settled down. It is exciting for me to see a good fermentation. (I need to get out more probably)

i know.. it's equally nerve racking when you have a new brew that takes forever to start fermenting... i have one downstairs at 62 degrees that's been on for almost 48 hours.. and not a glub glub in sight... supposed to be fermenting between 60 & 75 degrees.. so.. it should start up soon... still it makes you a bit anxious

If it doesnt start soon you might want to raise the temp of it to around 67-70 degrees and give it a swirl to get that yeast up and kicking again. :mug:

I may do that this afternoon if it's not bubblin'.... I've got a wine belt that i can use for a bit.. then after it starts i can remove it and get the temp dow to the lower 60's..

Yeah use the wine belt for the first days of heavy fermintation, once heaver fermintation has subsided remove it and let it set at whatever temp you had it at before. :rockin:

I'll try that... maybe the temp is too low to get my little yeasies hungry..
now.. what to do with the wine whlie the belt is off......

Back