My First Attempt at a Partial Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoyScout

Reaction score
Well, made my first attempt at a partial mash this weekend. Went better than expected but I did have a few problems. I had two boil overs, holy crap, does that ever happen quickly. One second it's all good the next there is beer going everywhere. Need to pick up a spray bottle so I can better control that next time.
I was also planning on making a 4 gallon batch this time, but since I forgot to mark the side of my pot, I ended up with 5 gallons instead. Means my OG is not what I was hoping for, so the beer is going to be a wee bit lighter than expected.
It's also the first recipe I "created" myself using BeerSmith. It was supposed to be a Chocolate Stout, but since the OG is now off, and so are the IBUs, it's just a really dark beer of some sort....heh.
All in all though it was fun, and I can't wait for the next 2 months to go by, so I can taste it.
I'll definitely be trying this again soon, just need to be a little more careful, next time.:D

Latest posts

Back